As Increasing Crime and Hospital Costs Strain Tax-Payers, How Much Longer Till Chicago Collapses?
What does a city look like after over eight decades of democratic control? Look no further than Chicago, IL for the answer.
Chicago is a city where...
- ...over 83% of voters supported Hillary Clinton.
- ...the minimum wage will increase from $11/hr to $13/hr by 2019 and is currently 50% higher than the nationally mandated rate.
- ...gun control laws are stricter than virtually any other leftist-controlled city.
- ...there is little school choice and spends over $13k per year per student.
- ...the sales tax, at 10.25%, is the highest in the nation.
From an outsider's perspective, Chicago is a leftist paradise— after all it has a blue voter base, an increased minimum wage, anti-gun legislation, heavy educational spending and high taxes. In other words, it has everything leftists are constantly calling for on a national scale.
Yet, Chicago is rife with poverty, infested with criminals and responsible for nearly half of the nation's homicides last year. Americans need to wake up from their delusional fantasy that leftist policies work and take a long look at Chicago.
The Chicago Tribune gives us an especially harrowing look into the tax burden residents face:
Tax-payers are fleeing leftist-controlled areas in record numbers, yet entitlement programs and public-spending Ponzi schemes continue to persist. As Chicago's debt continues to rise (to the tune of over $1 billion), it will only be a matter of time before a complete economic collapse.
Stay alert. Stay alive.