New York ICE Operation Arrests 114 Illegal Immigrants. Let's Take a Look at the Numbers.
The Immigration and Customs Enforcement Agency recently completed an 11-day operation in New York, taking 114 illegal immigrants and fugitives into custody, and more importantly, off the street.
Leftists love to portray the arrested aliens as peace-loving oppressed innocents that did nothing wrong. They love to infer racial conclusions by making it seem, as they did with President Trump's statement on Mexico, that law enforcement racially profiles illegal immigrants of Hispanic origin.
Here are the hard facts, directly from the official Department of Homeland Security website. Of the 114 captured during the operation:
- The arrested aliens were originally from 35 different countries.
- While the majority of those arrested are originally from Mexico and the Dominican Republic, other countries of origin include Afghanistan, Haiti, China and the United Kingdom.
- There were 104 men and 10 women among those arrested.
- 82 had criminal histories, 15 with pending charges.
- The most common offenses were DUI and drug trafficking. Other prior convictions included rape, assault, strong arm robbery and sexual exploitation of a minor.
- Eleven of the individuals arrested will be presented for federal prosecution for re-entry after deportation, a felony punishable by up to 20 years in prison.
- Arrests took place in 12 different New York counties.
- Queens and Manhattan accounted for the largest number of arrests during the operation (32 and 36 respectively).
- Final removal orders will be applied to 37 of those arrested.
- Nine of the individuals were released and have active detainers.
Take a good hard look at that list. There are 11 million illegal immigrants in the United States right now. These are the people the left wants you to be neighbors with.
Stay alert. Stay alive.